To accompany sea bass with liquorice
Champ du sesterce – Red Wine
Colour with green reflects. Nose: Fine and elegant with anis notes. Mouth: Vivid attack, citrus and fruity notes. Then round wine turning towards garrigues aromas, rosemary, liquorice.
Vin de pays de la Sainte Baume
- Chalky soil
- Southeast oriented hillsides
- 40 years old average vine
- Yield: 25hl/ha
- Royat cordon system of pruning.
- Tying up on 2 wire plus 2 lift wires
- Ploughted or grass covered soil
- Hand harvest.
- Tanks are filled with the stalk without crushing
- Long alcoholic fermentation 20 days at 28°C
- Treading twice/three a day, and frequent pumpig over for the best extraction of matter.
- Very smooth pressing thanks to pneumatic presses
- 10 month ageing in tank.
- Wine slightly filtered, and not clarified