To accompany black fettucine à blackberry cream, Pork odds with black currant butter, Ibiscus sorbet (L’Arpège), shrimp curry.
Le Marie Liesse – Red Wine
Ruby colour with purple reflects. Blackcurrant aroma opening on cherry and fresh thyme mixed with orange bark and cinchona. In mouth, fruity wine with cherry and spicy aroma. Buis. Wine with a big finesses and balance.
AOC Coteaux Varois
- Chalky soil
- Southeast oriented hillsides
- Average vine 25 years old
- Yield: 30hl/ha
- Royat cordon system of pruning.
- Tying up on 2 wire plus 2 lift wires
- Ploughted or grasscovered soil
- Removal of exess leaves on syrah. (Effeuillage)
- Mechanical harvest.
- Tanks are filled with the stalk without crushing
- Long alcoholic fermentation 20 days at 28°C
- Treading twice/three times a day, and frequent remontage for the best extraction
- Very smooth pressing thanks to pneumatic presses
- 10 month ageing in tank.
- Wine slightly filtered, and not clarified