To accompany slices of poutargue parfumed with olive oil (Fish roe), roasted figs.
Viognier de Jacques – White Wine
Brilliant wine with pale yellow and green reflects.
Floral smell brings to mind very mature pear. In mouth, powerful wine, long, balanced, unctuous, fleshy with quince aroma.
- Viognier : powerfull and fruity aromas.
Vin de pays de la Sainte-Baume
- Chalky soil-Southeast oriented hillsides
- Average vine 20 years old
- Yield: 35hl/ha
- Royat cordon system of pruning.
- Tying up on 2 wire plus 2 lift wires
- Ploughed or grass covered soil
- Thinning out of the leaves for Viognier
- Mechanical harvest
- 24h maceration
- 4h smooth air pneumatic pressing
- Alcoholic fermentation at 17°C, flag controlled in tank down to middle of fermentation (1045) and then in 400l cask
- No malolactic fermentation
- Ageing in a barrel with stirring of lees
- Filtrered wine