Les Pointes du Deffends
You will enjoy it with a “Pistou” soup. The soup and the wine aromas will go along together without one dominating the other.
The Spikes. Blend of the very same grape sort than the Champs du Bécassier, this wine is made of hand picked overmatured grapes.
The grapes were blended in the vat during particularly long fermentation. The name of the wine comes from the pikes of the selected fields.
They matured under the sun to synthetize power and silkness. You will enjoy it with a “Pistou” soup.
The soup and the wine aromas will go along together without one dominating the other.
AOC Coteaux Varois
- Chalky soil
- Southeast oriented hillsides
- 40 years old average vine
- Yield: 25hl/ha
- Royat cordon system of pruning.
- Tying up on 2 wire plus 2 lift wires
- Ploughted or grass covered soil
- Hand harvest
- Tanks are filled with the stalk without crushing
- Long alcoholic fermentation 20 days at 28°C
- Treading twice/three a day, and frequent pumpig over for the best extraction of matter.
- Very smooth pressing thanks to pneumatic presses
- 10 month ageing in tank.
- Wine slightly filtered, and not clarified