Viognier de Jacques
To accompany slices of poutargue parfumed with olive oil (Fish roe), roasted figs
Brilliant wine with pale yellow and green reflects.
Floral smell brings to mind very mature pear. In mouth, powerful wine, long, balanced, unctuous, fleshy with quince aroma.
- Viognier : powerfull and fruity aromas.
IGP Var-Sainte Baume
- Chalky soil-Southeast oriented hillsides
- Average vine 25 years old
- Yield: 35hl/ha
- Royat cordon system of pruning.
- Tying up on 2 wire plus 2 lift wires
- Ploughed or grass covered soil
- Thinning out of the leaves for Viognier
- Mechanical harvest
- 24h maceration
- 4h smooth air pneumatic pressing
- Alcoholic fermentation at 17°C, flag controlled in tank down to middle of fermentation (1045) and then in 400l cask
- No malolactic fermentation
- Ageing in a barrel with stirring of lees
- Filtrered wine